The fulltime Development Director leads the advancement activities of NHADACA. This includes seeking individual donations and corporate sponsorships; seeking/writing state and federal contract proposals; researching, writing and applying for grants; coordinating fundraising activities with a fundraising committee made of NHADACA Board of Directors and members; creating a development plan aligned with NHADACA’s strategic plan and managing a contract-funded finance training series in conjunction with NH DHHS; Success in these areas will allow for NHADACA to increase the resources available for mission-based activities and to build a strong and diverse financial base for the organization.
· Dedication and commitment to the organization’s mission and values
· Ability to work in-person in a Concord, NH office environment
· 5+ years of relevant development experience
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to inspire and engage a wide range of funders and stakeholders
· Demonstrated ability to initiate and build donor, business, government and community relationships
· Familiarity with the giving landscape in New Hampshire
· Flexible schedule which may need occasional early/late work hours
Duties: Success in these areas will allow NHADACA to increase the resources available for mission-based activities and to build a strong and diverse financial base for the organization.
· Lead the advancement activities of NHADACA including building individual donations and corporate sponsorships; seeking/writing state and federal contract proposals; and researching, writing/applying for grants and reporting on grants received
· Establish an annual development plan that is aligned with NHADACA’s strategic plan
· Coordinate fundraising activities with a fundraising committee made of NHADACA Board of Directors and members
· Implement a contract-funded finance training series in conjunction NH DHHS to support DHHS’ vendor relations while also building NHADACA’s relationship with potential and current funding sources
· Work closely with Executive Director and workforce program directors to identify special projects and other funding opportunities for grants as well as manage and cultivate existing relationships with funders to secure and expand recurring revenue streams
· Develop an individual giving/major donor program to allow individuals interested in the sector to invest in the NHADACA’s mission and programs
· Monitor and report upon progress toward goals in revenue, adapting methods as necessary.
· Provide board and staff members engaged in fundraising with a clear fundraising plan, tools, leadership and support
· Represent the NHADACA publicly at events and with external constituencies to build enthusiasm for NHADACA’s mission
· Team with operational staff members to oversee CRM-based donor/fundraising recordkeeping systems ensuring data accuracy, donor privacy, acknowledgement and recognition, and timely reporting
· Ensure that the highest ethical and administrative standards are applied to fundraising and financial management.
· Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Salary Range: $54,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org